With the growth of the Discord platform, there have been countless businesses and freelancers popping up ready to sell you a whole range of services. For example, here at AYS, we sell partnership services, dedicated channels, advertisement creation, listing optimizations, graphic development, server development, advertising services, and more. Obviously, we aren’t the only ones. This causes many community owners and managers to ask when we should hire someone externally to do something for your server, and when should you and your team handle it internally? And when we do, who do we hire, and how do we know who is good? These are two massive questions, so let’s take them step by step.
When do you outsource work?
Well, you’d think this is quite simple, however, it really isn’t. When you are trying to decide what to do there are a few things you need to think about, and a few questions you need to ask yourself.
- Can we do this with our current talent and skills internally?
- If yes, is there something that prevents you from doing this internally with your team?
- Can we do this WELL with our current talent and skills internally?
- Is this something we’d need to do often?
- If it is, often times its easier to have someone internally who can do it, rather than constantly contract it out.
So as you can see, there are quite a few things you need to take into account, however, you can generally summarize it into 3 questions. And you also have to keep in mind that maybe you have a staff member who can do this, but they aren’t available at the moment, or other special circumstances.
Who do you hire?
Now for the complicated part.
There are dozens of people who provide almost every service on the platform. So, here are the steps you need to take to see who to hire, and to minimize your chances of being scammed (you can follow all of these and still be scammed, disclaimer)
- What service do you need? Find and list out a few of the big people who provide the service you need.
- Note down, have you ever worked with these people before? Was it positive or negative? How are these people rated?
- You should also ask for examples of previous work, so you can judge the quality of what you will receive
- Another good thing to do if you are extra weary is go with a registered business, for example, AYS is a registered business in our home country, Australia. This means that we are regulated by the Australian Law regarding business and consumer protection. Generally, scammers won’t go through the steps to register as a business, and they definitely won’t want to be held accountable if they do, so this is a good thing to look for, however, isn’t always possible.
- Also when you are talking with the team, consider how they handle themselves, do they seem to not really care about you, or do they seem to be genuinely happy to have you as a customer?
Really with this, you need to trust your instinct a good bit, and you need to take into account everything you can about the various different servers and individuals who you may get the service from.
Not biased or anything, but if you need any services, AYS is one of the best out there, as we take customer satisfaction and work quality very seriously. Email us at email@example.com if you want to know more about any of our services. Or join us at discord.gg/promote and DM AYS Support and we can answer your questions there as well!